This hot spinach and artichoke dip is not only delicious, but it is also healthy for you too! This dip is packed with spinach, artichokes, and low fat cheese!
Ya’ll, I love spinach and artichoke dip, especially a steaming hot bowl of spinach and artichoke dip. When I go out to a restaurant, it is my appetizer of choice. I could literally eat the entire thing by myself as a meal.
The issue with most hot spinach and artichoke recipes is that they are high in calories and high in fat. You’d think that because it has a lot of spinach and artichokes that it wouldn’t be so bad for you!
If you go look at the nutrition facts of most restaurant’s spinach and artichoke dip recipes, you’d see just how many calories are in it!
This recipe for a hot spinach and artichoke dip is not only delicious, but it is low in fat and low in calories! At 230 calories per serving, this is sure to be your go-to hot spinach and artichoke dip recipe!
MAKING THE HOT SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP
All you need to make this recipe is:
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 oz frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/2 cup Fage 0% fat yogurt
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (6 oz) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp no salt Tony’s
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
You need to make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature so it will mix evenly with the other ingredients.
You also need to defrost your frozen spinach and strain all the excess water out so that your hot spinach and artichoke dip is not too watery.
Mix all of the ingredients, except for the paprika, together in a bowl and then add to an oven safe bowl. Top with the paprika
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes.
MAKING THE HOMEMADE AIR FRIED PITA BREAD CHIPS
While your hot spinach and artichoke dip is baking, we are going to make homemade pita bread chips!
All you need for to make your homemade pita bread chips is 1 bag of whole wheat pita bread, olive oil cooking spray, and some salt.
I used an air fryer to make my homemade pita bread chips, but you can also bake them in the oven if you do not have an air fryer.
Instructions for homemade pita bread chips:
- Take each whole wheat pita bread and evenly cut into 8 pieces. I used a pizza cutter for this!
- Place in the air fryer and quickly spray with olive oil spray.
- Lightly sprinkle salt on top.
- Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve with hot spinach and artichoke dip
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE: