These easy to make air fried chicken legs are so crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, you will question if it wasn’t really fried!
Ya’ll, I love fried chicken, especially Popeye’s fried chicken. I don’t think you can be from South Louisiana and not dream of their fried chicken legs. You know what I don’t dream of? The sheer amount of fat and calories in those same chicken legs.
My favorite part of any fried chicken – the skin. Mmmm. Fried chicken skin. It’s drool-worthy in my opinion. As much as I dream about having that same fried chicken, I never go get it. It’s just not worth it.
This is why having an air fryer comes in handy. My recipe for air fryer crispy fried chicken legs will have you questioning if you didn’t actually fry chicken. In only 23 minutes, you’ll have this delicious dinner done for you and your family!
BUT I DON’T HAVE AN AIR FRYER
While some of you may have an air fryer, a lot of you may not. I actually only got mine a few months ago. While I love having my air fryer, it is not necessary to have this piece of equipment to make this recipe for air fried chicken legs.
Before I had an air fryer, I had to use my oven to “fry” everything. The only issue I ever had was that big pieces of chicken take longer to cook to be done and turn out as crispy.
You can definitely use your oven to “fry” these delicious and crispy chicken legs or use your air fryer if you have one!
- 2 lbs of chicken legs
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp No salt Tony’s (for batter)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp No salt Tony’s (for flour mixture)
- Olive Oil Spray
- Beat the 4 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk and 1 tsp of No salt Tony’s together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and 1 Tbsp No Salt Tony’s together until thoroughly combined.
- Dip each chicken leg first into the flour mixture, then into the egg batter, and then finally back into the flour mixture.
- Shake off any extra flour.
- Spray with olive oil spray until flour is coated with the spray.
- Put the chicken legs into the air fryer and bake at 390 degrees F for 23 minutes. Flip the chicken halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy!