Looking for a delicious dinner that is quick and easy to make? This is the perfect recipe for you!
Fish is a great choice for your meal because it is a lean meat so that means less calories! This recipe takes about 10-15 minutes to make. That includes prepping everything.
To start, you need 4 fillets of tilapia. Mine comes frozen in individual packets so I have to defrost them. The wonderful thing about fish, along with other types of fish, is that they defrost FAST!
Once the fish has defrosted, place the fillets in a container.
You’ll need 2 limes for this recipe. Cut each lime in half and squeeze the juice on top of each fillet and then flip over and squeeze some more lime juice on the other side that way each side is covered in the juice.
From here, you need to heat up the skillet on low-medium heat. The skillet will be warm enough when you finish seasoning the fish. The reason you’re using low-medium heat is because fish cooks really quick and you want the fish to have somewhat of a brown outside and cooking too quickly will cook the outside until it burns while the inside is still raw.
Once you have the skillet warming up, season the tilapia fillets with 1 tsp dried cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. You want to use half of each of the seasonings on one side of the fillets and then flip them over and spread it on the other side of the fillets.
By now, the fish should have absorbed a lot of the lime juice and the skillet should be the perfect temperature. Spray the skillet with nonstick spray and place the fillets in the pan.
Make sure you use a skillet that has a lid so the heat doesn’t escape the pan. Cover the pan the lid and let it cook. You’re only cooking each side for 2-3 minutes and this just helps me make sure it is really done.
Let the first side cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip and cook for 3-4 minutes. The timeframe on cooking really depends on the thickness of your fish. If you have a thicker piece of fish, you’ll need to cook each side longer.
Once you take the fish off the skillet, place on plate and enjoy! If you have an extra lime, cut it in half and squeeze some more juice on top or if the limes you used still has some juice squeeze it on top!
This tilapia recipe goes perfect with yellow rice and steamed carrots.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 minutes
4 fillets of tilapia
1 tsp dried cilantro
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Defrost tilapia fillets in cold running water. Place in container that you can season in.
- Cut the 2 limes in half and squeeze the juice on top of fillets. Flip over and squeeze more juice onto the other side.
- Preheat skillet on low-medium heat.
- Sprinkle the cilantro, salt, and pepper on top of each tilapia fillets. Do the same to the bottom. (Note: Use only half the seasonings on the top of the fillets and use the other half on the bottom.)
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray and place the fillets in the skillet. Place cover on top of skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes before flipping the fillets.
- Place to the side. If you have any juice left in the limes or have an extra like squeeze some juice on top of the cooked fillets.
- Serve and enjoy!