-This delicious salmon takes only 30 minutes to marinate and 20 minutes to bake! It is so good you’ll want to make this a weekly dish in your home.
This dish only takes around 5 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes of letting the salmon marinate in the teriyaki sauce and 20 minutes in the oven.
To start, you need to defrost the salmon under cold running water until defrosted. Fish defrosts rather quickly (around 10 minutes).
While the salmon is defrosting, it is time to make the sauce that the salmon gets marinated in. For the sauce, you need 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce, 1/8 cup of brown sugar (packed), and 1 tsp of hot sauce.
Mix all of the ingredients together and stir until combined.
You can’t have the firecracker in salmon with hot sauce! (If you like an extra kick, add some more!)
Once the salmon is defrosted, put with the sauce in cover until each piece of salmon is covered with the sauce. Let this sit in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the salmon can absorb a lot of the sauce before baking.
After the salmon has been in the fridge for 15 minutes, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Once the salmon has finished marinating, it’s time to get the salmon ready for baking. To keep the moisture in, wrap the salmon in foil. It gives it the perfect texture and taste.
In order to do this, cut off a piece of foil and wrap each piece of salmon with the foil until it is completely sealed. Before you seal the foil, pour the extra sauce on each piece of salmon.
Now it is time to put in the oven in bake! Set your timer for 20 minutes. While the salmon is baking, it is time to make the mango topping that goes on top of the salmon.
For the mango topping, all you need is 1 mango, 1 tsp of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of water, and a dash of honey. First you need to dice the mango.
Add all of the ingredients into a pot and stir to combine.
Let this cook on medium heat for 5 minutes and then set to the side until the salmon is done.
Once the salmon is done, unwrap the foil and save the sauce that is still in the foil. Place the salmon on your plate and sprinkle with some parsley flakes. Top with the mango and then pour the sauce on top. Dinner is done! This goes perfect with my 15 Minute Sweet Potato to make this a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
If you don’t like cooked fruit, this is still an amazing piece of salmon without the fruit. So you can just skip that entire step if you want.
Seriously, this is juicy and tender with a hint of sweet from the mango topping. The directions with the ingredients follow.
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/8 cup brown sugar, packed
- dash of parsley flakes
For the topping:
- 1 mango
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- a dash of honey
- 1/4 cup of water
- Defrost the salmon under cold running water. While the fish is defrosting, make the sauce for the salmon. Mix together the teriyaki sauce, hot sauce, and brown sugar in a bowl until combined.
- Add the salmon fillets to the sauce and cover each piece of fish with the sauce. Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to let the fillets absorb the sauce.
- After the fillets have been marinating for 15 minutes, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Once the fillets have finished marinating, place inside foil. Top with remaining sauce. Seal the foil around the fillets tightly.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking, make the mango topping. Peel and dice the mango into tiny pieces. Add the brown sugar, water, and honey to pot and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Set to the side until the salmon is done cooking.
- Once the salmon is done baking, take out of oven and sprinkle with parsley flakes. Top with the mango topping and add the extra sauce from the foil on top of the salmon fillets. Your salmon is done. Enjoy! Serve this with my 15 Minute Sweet Potato for the perfect meal.