This is a recipe for chicken fajitas, but instead of slaving over the stove, you simply have to pop them in the oven. This is a really easy recipe! All you need for this recipe is 1 lb chicken thighs, taco seasoning, 3 bell peppers, and 1 onion.
To start, you need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Chop your chicken, bell peppers, and onions into strips. Place the cut chicken, bell peppers, and onions into a bowl. Evenly spread the taco seasoning packet on the veggies and the chicken. Spread the chicken, bell peppers, and onions across the baking sheet so that the oven cooks it evenly.
Once your oven has reached 350 degrees, place the baking sheet into your oven and let it bake! Set your timer for 30 minutes. You need to rotate the chicken, bell peppers, and onions so that the bottom is now the top. Once you have flipped the mixture over, place back in the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
From here all you have to do is put the chicken, bell peppers, and onions on a warm tortilla with your toppings and enjoy! I used picante sauce with my fajitas and that was it. I also made homemade Spanish rice on the side.
I promise you, this is such an easy recipe that only takes about 5 minutes of prep time and one hour of baking. It is so much easier than standing over your stove and grilling the chicken, bell peppers, and onions. You can just place it in your oven and go about your business for an hour and then you are done!
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 3 bell peppers (variety of colors or just green)
- 1 onion
- Picante sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice chicken, bell peppers, and onions into strips. Mix this with packet of taco seasoning in a bowl. Make sure the seasoning is evenly spread.
- Place the chicken, bell peppers, and onions onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken, bell peppers, and onions so that the bottom and top cook evenly.
- Bake for additional 30 minutes and then take it out of the oven.
- Serve on warm tortillas with toppings such as picante sauce, lettuce, and tomatoes.